Saturday, July 21, 2007

Automagic!

Inspirations can come from all corners - so be at your absorbent best.

No one said the line above. I realised over a period of time that you can be inspired from the obvious highest peaks of success and the unsuspected lowest strata of struggle. I take an auto to office daily, and have been often amazed with the occasional conversations. I was going to office yesterday when a brand new Nissan Teana (see a review here) passed by. The young man in front was spellbound to see the car, and tried his best to keep speed with it till he could. He asked me what car it was and then said - "Where do people get so much money?" Very difficult question to answer - so I kept quiet and smiled at his reflection in the mirror.

"How much does it cost?" - he asked. I said I was not aware but it looked about 15-20 lakhs to me (it is indeed 20, I checked later). His smile became broader as he said - "If I had 1 lakh, I could have changed my life. I know I will save and I will change my life." I smiled again as he manoeuvured through the traffic in one of the whackiest signals in Hyderabad.

1 comment:

Arijit said...

hahahaha, imagine the auto-driver saves 20 lakhs!!!!!! then, he will change not only himself, but the entire traffic system of hydrabad