Saturday, March 8, 2008

Silent night

As I sat down, tired
Of the meaningless walk
Alone, lost - the other night,
The darkness was visible, but
Not enough to find my way back.

I made a bed
Of the thick, moist grass
And rolled and rolled, as much -
No edge to fall, no air to lose
Walls and ceiling, made of glass.

The zephyr on the sweat
The coolness of defeat,
Ample support around me -
Sedentary stars standing above
The trampled grass at my feet.

Soon my eyes got wet in sleep
Dreams, even, were taking form
Then, day broke to break it all
I opened my eyes to the jeering crowd -
The early birds had got their worm.

5 comments:

Arijit said...

nice poem :)

Anonymous said...

This is brilliant - want more of poems. Keep them coming dude.

Anonymous said...

Great one. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Nazia said...

good work...I really like your style of writing.I love to read though not avidly and no specific author or writer and your articles really captured my attention..hats off man.........i wish i could write like u..really good..