Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Approved absence

Today, one of my friends asked me about the lack of activity in this space for the last few weeks. 'Don't be so idle', I was told. I just said that I will write something soon. What I left unsaid was that there was an absolute absence of activities for such a long time overall that it was imperative that it would reflect here as well. So much so that I hate those learned men now - the ones that have left us with so many crafty adages. 'An idle mind is a devil's workshop,' one of them said. Not only did he cut deep with the word 'devil', he sliced it open by bringing that dreaded 'work' even in the bliss that we call idleness.

Idleness - we say - is just a way of life. You can view it the way you want to. And call you what you want. What you call Zero-Kelvin we love to call Absolute Zero. That's how we look at it. That's how we love it. You think it is doing nothing; we believe it is not doing anything. But it is the same thing. You take a break from work; we take a break and work.

Why ponder over a glass half-empty or half-full? Drink only if someone brings it to you.

P.S. - Ok, the use of 'We' all through this post was an unproved assumption that at least one person like me exists.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

solid. nicely written.....that person whom you are looking for, is me :)

Anonymous said...

and me

Anonymous said...

and me