Saturday, August 29, 2009

Incorrigible

Here is a list of seven quick things I wish I could change, in me -
  • Strike up a good conversation with someone I just met. (Also, spare the ones close to me of my incessant rants.)

  • Go to bed at an earthly hour - for the rest of my life.

  • Don't exactly wish to wake up early in the morning - alarms are there just for stopping. (Those who are learning, still snooze them.) At the minimum, I wish I could feel the need to answer the phone when the boss is on the line. (As an aside, the most authentic excuses come to mind in those few seconds of seeing the call, contemplation and silencing the call.)

  • Pre-determine the last spoon, and stick to the decision, when I am sitting with my ice cream tub.

  • Feel the need to put some people in their respective places, what if just mildly.

  • Complete the construction of that half-built bridge connecting my wishes and action. (Reminds me of what I said once - "If wishes were horses, mine would be the biggest stable in this world.") This is a lot to ask for, given the circumstances. At least, I wish I don't set off in those treks anymore :D

  • Spare some thoughts for things certified 'important' - for they are useful, no doubt.

Now that I have this list in writing, and have gone through it once as well, I do not think these are impossible to achieve. Nothing - they say - is impossible. I'm a seasoned planner and I have estimated that these seven things will definitely work out, maybe, in the seven forthcoming births.

3 comments:

sonia said...

Nobody could have written this post better than you have. Yes first time meetings, you don't speak at all! You just observe.... :-) . Witty and enjoyable post.

spilledbytes said...

:)

Arindam Das said...

Only ice cream? How about B'day cakes; a must 50% reservation for you ... :)