Thursday, March 8, 2007

A year goes by - March 2

As mentioned in my last post, today is my brother's first wedding anniversary. (Quite coincidentally, it is my dear sister-in-law's anniversary too :D)

What rendered a grand celebration impossible was around 90 degrees of longitudes between us. They presently live in the UK, which means we had to distribute the joys and celebrations evenly in three cities - Newbury, Calcutta, Hyderabad. My brother is a grand foodie who prefers to go only for the interesting cuisines (read non-vegetarian) in enviable quantities. And since the beginning of time, he always does it in style. He gets all the more rampant and 'hollow' when Maa prepares the (out of this world) chicken and mutton dishes or when he eats out. Go out with him once to know what I am saying. With such a 'broad outlook' (the twisted pun is intended), it is only apt that his wife would show so much enthusiasm to prepare what he likes. My parents in Calcutta went for a few good dishes to celebrate the occasion, we went out (read previous post to know where) but they did it in real style. The menu for the night is - crispy duck, prawn curry, stuffed salmon, chicken tikka strips and ice cream :)

He's not just about food like me though. He's among the smartest, sharpest and broadest minds around with unbelievable resilience and confidence. He's the one I look up to - especially for the last two traits.

I love my sister-in-law, she's one of the sweetest persons you can ever come across. You see less of her sharpness and more of her warmth, and instantly feel at home. Like my brother, she has immense and unquestioned faith on my abilities and I don't think both of them believe that I cannot do or fail in something. Other than cooking for my brother, she loves listening to old songs, solve jigsaw puzzles and not to forget video-chatting in skype and playing pool in yahoo with me. :) This is rather a very weak account of her but this is all you get to know when you have not stayed more than a few hours with someone and have always chatted online. Even though she does not sing much, her voice and laugh sound like music. Talking of songs, reminds me about a unique talent that could take her to Ripley's - she sings while sleeping almost every other night! Imagine the plight of my brother in the middle of the night when she suddenly breaks into, say - 'Dekh le, aankhon mein aankhein daal...'

We'd be celebrating in grand style when they come to India in April. So holding on for a month till the ambience is all food, music and laughter. Here's wishing the best in this world and beyond to two of the best around. As I wished today - 'Happy First Anniversary, let's keep counting till we lose count.' :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the wishes.

-Bhabi, dada