Friday, April 20, 2007

Revamped

Bored with the tiresome trudging of time through the sticky tar of the night, I thought of playing with the features offered in this blog. A quick quality check revealed a good structure and classification of the features on offer. So now I have a new font, a photo, link to pages I visit often, and other post options. Did not want to clutter the page with many features, nor do technical niceties attract me that much. I would rather go for an appearance that would look good on the page of a book, than at the Times Square.

What's more, my blog is now capable of posting in near-perfect Hindi as well. So let's not waste the chance of having a few (easier) lines here. This is from the immortal Mehdi Hassan gem Ranjish Hi Sahi, where he set the captivating lyrics by Ahmed Faraaz this haunting Yaman-Kalyan tune. One gem you should not miss -

रंजिश ही सही, दिल ही दुखाने के लिए आ -
आ फिर से मुझे छोड़ के जाने के लिए आ।

पहले से मरासिम ना सही फिर भी कभी तो -
रस्म-ओ-रहे दुनिया ही निभाने के लिए आ।

किस किस को बताये जुदाई कि सबब हम?
तू मुझसे खफा है तो ज़माने के लिए आ।

माना कि मोहब्बत का छुपाना है मोहब्बत -
चुपके से किसी रोज़ जताने के लिए आ।

जैसे तुझे आते है ना आने के बहाने -
ऐसे ही किसी रोज़ ना जाने के लिए आ।

Happy reading!

1 comment:

Arijit said...

not a happy reading at all, my friend.I cannot read hindi, so can you translate the piece into banglish during our next chat session??but the overall get-up of your blog is very good :)