Sunday, February 10, 2008

Hot News!

I have made clear my dislike for the standard of newspapers in an earlier entry. You may ask why, then, I still shell out the hundred rupees at the end of the month for the Times of India? The simple reason is - I do not have a dining table at home. And so, at the time of each meal, the Times of India is summoned to save the floor as the food starts its journey from the vessel to the mouth, via the plate.

Today, however, it was a grave insult to the newspaper as unknowingly, today's edition itself was spread during lunch. It was too late by the time I realized and so we proceeded with deliberate nonchalance. However, the metro supplement was lucky and after lunch, I decided to skim through it. The first article that I chanced upon was about modern-day parenting and started with a query that was something like this -

Hello, I am a parent of a 9 year-old and I realize the role of a parent has changed. I know I cannot be like my parents and have to adapt myself to the changing times. Please advise on how to be a parent and when do I stop being a parent?

I threw it aside after this. And, also made sure it lies crumpled beside its discarded sibling after dinner tonight.

1 comment:

Arijit said...

The question posted by the parent is really amazing, specially the last part!! Truly, hot news for today!!