Friday, February 1, 2008

Two dreams

They say dreams reflect your thoughts - what if they breed in your subconscious existence? I am thankful to the Creator, who did not allot dreams for my sleep. It has been more than made up for by what he allotted me for my waking time, where I choose and shape what I wish to see in my oneirisms. Coming back to the topic of our thoughts getting an outlet in our dreams, I just hope this is not true. Or, at least, it allows for a few exceptions, like most other rules.

As I woke up yesterday, still trying to stop the playback in my eyes, the sinking feeling just refused to go. I looked at my watch - 11:30. Diversion being shortest path to forgetting, I came online, to primarily check my office email. But almost as soon as I logged on to chat, I come to know that one of my friends had a dream as well. Talk about a dream when I was trying to forget mine. Anyways, what I heard was straight out of HG Wells' pen. Her dream had started with an argument with her sisters over whether to stay one day or two days in Los Angeles before going to New York. These were the last two places in their 3-stop trip. They had no contestation on their first destination though. Probably because, it was a place which few people will miss a chance to visit. It was the moon.

And so, I was told about life forms in the moon and how they cover only a small portion of the land. The major portion of the moon, quite 'dream'atically was covered with snow.

The disturbing thoughts of dreams reflecting our thoughts came back to me. She was indeed talking to people from USA some days back and she has been thinking of going to New York since sometime now. Why! Just some days back she even watched Khoya Khoya Chand. In a moment, I was sucked back in the gloom that I had just left behind.

I am in no mood to try and gather my thoughts that engulf me to this moment. Once again I am made to realise, words are just for moderate emotions. Extreme sorrow or happiness leaves you without words, even though vibrant thoughts jostle inside. I guess I would leave it to you this time - to try and feel why I am feeling like this thinking about that silly dream-thought equation.

Yesterday, I dreamt of a goon who was beating up my friend. Moments later, I killed him by smashing a brick on his head.


Update after 2 days:
Within 48 hours of this murderous dream, I was at it again. This time, I was keeping a band of brigands at bay while protecting people in the train I was travelling (a la Sholay) - gunning them down with abandon.

No comments: