Monday, February 4, 2008

One Course Less

The symptoms were visible for quite sometime now. But there are times when your pride stops you from standing up to the truth. I have also kept it under wraps for some months now. Today, with emotions akin to losing a closed one, I declare my 'legendary appetite' dead. Put to test to a sumptuous buffet dinner this evening, it performed in its usual inhuman proportions, but failed short of its own high standards. After a seemingly unending sequence of barbecued starters, I directly went for some really large helpings of the desserts - leaving the main course weeping by this rare display of discrimination.

Memories from the glorious era - the last 13 years - flash in the mind, glowing tributes from young and old alike reverberate still. For the uninitiated, I will still be respected as one of the rare tribes. I would surely finish off what would remain during group-dinners. But deep inside, the scene of today's cremation would burn in fiery flames.

Imagine being a Viv Richards and coming back as an Afridi.

1 comment:

Arijit said...

don't worry.......always remember, form is temporary, but class is permanent. so I wish you'll be back in form quite soon.