Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Drops with a difference

I was walking out of office - headed to meet my teammate, who had just arrived in New York, in his hotel - when I realised my overcoat was all white. I brushed it off my sleeve and looked up. It was indeed snowing - white flakes floating all around. I had seen my first snowfall a few days back - and now I was walking in one. I wished I was not all decked up and could feel them all over me and not just the few drops on my face.

Anyways, I was happy beyond words. I knew I would like it. There are a few more invigorating feelings than getting drenched in the rain. It's been really long that I enjoyed a long stand under the crying sky. Back home, I'd come out whenever it poured heavily - and many times this happened just as I came out of my bath. My dad does it too in the summers, as cure for the dreadful heat-boils he gets. Standing in the first shower is almost a ritual for the both of us - rounding it off later with the deep fried onion pakoras. My brother joining in - too lazy to get drenched, too eager for the snack afterwards. :)

Walking on snow-covered streets is next on my agenda. My friend says she has slipped many times and it's quite impossible to avoid them - so am prepared for the bumps. Will update here when I experience my first 'snow-fall'.

Smiles!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There should be another post regarding the after effects of these heavy shower drenches. Specially the 104 temperatures and the 30 days bed rest and frequent rides to the family doctor (Nag). Well for the pakoras it is always better to have them when they are hot.

spilledbytes said...

Dada, there should surely be one whole month of postings - entirely on you. Absolute treasure awaits all - what do you say? :)