Monday, February 12, 2007

Body blow - blowing out of proportions


Back in India, I did an assessment of what all tasks I need to be doing. To my surprise, the list turned out to be quite a long one. But topping the list of personal, official and miscellaneous to-dos in big bold letters is something that starts and ends with myself. Well, it is my ever-expanding girth that I am talking of here. All those midnight digs at the tempting ice cream buckets have left an impression on my being. Not to mention the well-researched plans for the weekends, always ending in lavish, multi-course meals. The aftertaste is gone, the after-state remains. The second thing that anyone I met here said, after the usual hi, was 'You have put on so much weight' or the more friendly 'Have you been eating all through your stay?'

So I put across this plan to get back in shape by the end of March. I'd keep the details of the plan to myself for proprietary reasons. But to assure the legions of fans of my magical appetite, cutting down on food has never been in my scheme of things. The eating will continue in the same spirit, would just try to incorporate some healthy habits and exercise in my static routine.

P.S. - The snap is of a typical Friday evening dessert ration, that would be over by the next Wednesday. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats so much like you!!!!

Arijit said...

hope that you will be successful in your plan. Health is wealth, isn't it? hya hya hya

spilledbytes said...

Yes health is wealth. Only, if health was measured just in kilos, you and I would be millionaires.