Saturday, January 12, 2008

7 tolerable ones

Tenacity is one word that I sincerely do not associate with myself. More often than not I would leave things, that start going wrong, midway and forget about them. You might be tempted to think that blogging is an exception to what I said now. After all, writing a blog that maybe, exactly 12 people read is indeed something that comes from a resilient writer. There's more, he has also completed a year today.

But no, I have not given up yet because I never believed I would have a hundred regular readers for this blog - where 80% of the posts are labelled 'rambling'. I am on with it because I like writing here. The apparent disappointment would surely make way for joy and contentment when I read these years later.

Going to the numbers, the count of 60 odd entries in a year looks decent to me. So, keeping with the trend, here is a list of my seven favourite posts from the past year -

  • I like the sandwiches and salads at Subway now. It was not always like that. (Read)
  • It's here that the trend of the 7-item lists started.
  • Sometimes you get attached to something that is pretty mediocre. This post is one. Perceptions?
  • Can I sustain myself without the magic of Ghulam Ali? No.
  • Someone told me to be more expressive and speak out my mind. Have a sneak peek here.
  • Can I sustain myself without the magic of Rafi Sahab? No.
  • Are you tired of seeing Gemma Atkinson in the sports page of Times of India? I am.

I hope to reduce the percentage of 'Rambling' in my labels in the next year. On that note...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on completing one year. All the best, carry on.

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across your blog today and I think you should really take up writing. There is something in everything you write that keeps one captivated.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Now that your blog is one, let me tell you - You are the one!

spilledbytes said...

Thanks everyone!